Effective Period Extension of Social Distancing Level 2
and Cautions for Public Meeting with More than 5 People
Greetings in the name of Jesus Christ.
The government decided to extend the effective period for Social Distancing Level 2 on March 26 for 2 more weeks (March 29 ~ April 11). Also, there was an incident that school quarantined the confirmed student on campus. Protracting COVID-19 causes the accumulation of fatigue, leading us to let our guard down and ultimately to such consequences.
In this regard, it is requested for individual of PUTS community to have a sense of responsibility and stick to the quarantine regulation at one's best for the safety of local community. Also, all the meetings in school must be conducted with the strict observation of quarantine regulations as below:
1. Meeting/ gathering of school is a fundamental activity for the school management, so it is not considered as a private meeting, which allows to gather more than 5 people. However, having meals after meeting is prohibited. If it is unavoidable, it is considered as a private meeting, within 4 members can join the meal.
2. The exact same rule is applied on the meeting with the people who are not a part of school members. Meal time is only allowed to the group of up to 4 people.
3. It is highly recommended to restrain from conducting the meetings with lunchboxes and bottle of beverages, as it is not the appropriate environment to block droplet. Also, a face-to-face meeting with more than 5 people at the restaurant or cafe is a personal meeting, which is banned.
4. It is a fundamental rule to not eating food in the campus except for the students' cafeteria. However, if it is unavoidable, up to 4 people can have meal at the same place by maintaining more than 2 meters from each person.
5. If the meeting in school is conducted on the purpose to promote friendship, it is a private meetings, not allowed to gather more than 5 people.
Having meal before and after meetings is regarded as a personal meeting, which prohibits to gather more than 5 people. If you have no choice but to gather at lunch time, please prepare lunch box and have it after meetings at individual's place.
March 26, 2021
Presbyterian University and Theological Seminary